Why You Should Let Professionals Acid Wash Your Pool
If your pool appears dull or has stains or algae that won’t go away with brushing or scrubbing, it may be time to acid wash your pool. An acid wash removes a very thin upper layer of the plaster, revealing the cleaner plaster underneath. Acid washing is a process that should be performed once every 5 years, but it’s not a do it yourself project. Here are some reasons why you should trust a pro to take care of the job:
- Acid washing involves working with strong chemicals that can be hazardous if mishandled. Pool professionals are trained to take the necessary precautions, including wearing protective gear, following industry standards, and minimizing the risk or accidents or injuries.
- Acid washing requires the use of specific equipment, such as acid resistant brushes, sprayers, and neutralizing agents. Professionals in this field have the equipment as well as access to commercial grade chemicals that may not be available to the average pool owner.
- The goal of an acid wash is to remove stains, mineral deposits, algae, and any other unsightly buildups from the pool’s surface. If this isn’t done correctly, acid washing can damage the pool’s plaster, tile, or other materials. A professional has the tools and training to determine the type of surface and adjust the acid wash process to ensure that the pool remains intact.
- The process of acid washing a pool can be very time consuming, especially for an amateur attempting it for the first time. Hiring a professional pool service company will save you time and effort. A pool service will have the expertise to complete the job quickly and efficiently, allowing you to enjoy your pool sooner.
- An important part of the acid washing process happens after your pool has been refilled. The pool will need proper cleaning, neutralization, and balancing of chemicals, and your pool professional will be able to provide those services.
While it’s possible to attempt to acid wash your pool yourself, it’s highly recommended to hire a professional. They will have the expertise, equipment, and knowledge to ensure safety, avoid damage to your pool, and achieve the best possible result.
Millenium Pools & Spas is a family owned and operated business serving the Virginia, Maryland, and Washington D.C. areas with top quality pool service. With over 30 years of experience with pools of all shapes and sizes, we have the knowledge, expertise, and equipment to handle any problems you may have with your pool. Our team of highly trained pool professionals provides a wide range of services, including maintenance, repair, renovations, and pool resurfacing. Our focus is on providing outstanding customer service to ensure your complete satisfaction. We have two locations to serve you, in Springfield, VA, and Ijamsville, MD. If you’d like more information about our company, contact us for a consultation, visit our website, or give us a call at either of our locations: Maryland at 301-591-3750 Virginia/DC at 703-939-5062.