Water Fountain Repair in DC, Virginia, and Maryland
What Is Fountain Repair?
Fountain repair is the practice of getting your fountain working again after it’s been exposed to the elements. Many people downplay the importance of regularly maintaining their fountains, which ends up being a costly undertaking when serious damage occurs.
Fountains are a great addition to any home and help boost the aesthetic appeal. However, poorly maintained fountains leave little to be admired. Millennium Pools & Spas offers outdoor water fountain repair so you can protect your investment.
The Importance of Fountain Repair Service
An optimally functioning fountain involves a lot of moving parts, including the pump and aeration system. Proper installation is important. It’s also recommended to regularly check the water quality to ensure water doesn’t stagnate, which may lead to serious consequences. Fountain repair is important for the following reasons:
Fountain repair is important for the following reasons:
- Ensures the fountain operates optimally. In addition to improving the aesthetic appearance, repairing your fountain will save you thousands of dollars in repair costs and cost of labor. Moreover, it can help you save on utility bills when various components, such as the pump are operating optimally.
- Helps maintain the quality of the fountain. Your fountain is bound to suffer some wear and tear over time. Fountain repair helps in repairing this damage, such as chipped stones.
- Helps in maintaining the aesthetics of the fountain. Failure to repair the fountain can lead to floating overgrowth, which can affect the visual appeal of the fountain. Additionally, algae can affect the lighting around the fountain and reduce its allure, especially during the night.
- Helps protect the moving components. Debris, such as leaves, and plastic bags can wreak havoc on the motor and suction by cutting down the much-needed water supply. When this happens, it can result in damages amounting to hundreds of dollars.
Important Fountain Repair Tips
When properly maintained, a fountain can increase the value of your property in addition to enhancing the aesthetic appeal. Here are some top fountain repair tips to help you protect your investment.
- Ensure the fountain always has enough water to maintain high water levels whenever you’re running the fountain. The water pump should always be submerged.
- Consider using distilled water. Distilled water is better for use in fountains because it prevents the build-up of algae, which can lead to clogging.
- Clean your pump. It’s recommended to remove the pump once every few months according to the manufacturer’s instructions and clean it thoroughly.
- Keep the fountain running. Contrary to popular belief, running the fountain all the time doesn’t degrade its lifespan. Keeping it running helps prevent water stagnation.
- Clean the fountain regularly. Outdoor fountains are at risk of debris build-up, including small stone particles and leaves. Removing foreign materials helps prevent the motor from clogging and eventually overheating.
Common Fountain Repair Issues
Repairing your fountain with the help of the seasoned experts at Millennium Pools & Spas is the surest way to protect your investment. Here are the most common fountain repair issues:
- White Scale – White scale is common with hard water. It can prove a challenge to get rid of the problem, and it’s recommended to seek help from professionals.
- Foaming – Regular foaming may be an indication of excess proteins in the water. While the foam doesn’t pose any danger to the fountain, it’s a sign that there’s a problem.
- Issues With the Pump – There are several reasons the pump may be faulty. However, the most common challenges including clogging due to debris, algae, and inadequate water flow.
- Water Sanitation – It’s imperative to have a chemically balanced fountain. Hiring experts will allow you to use the optimal combination of chemicals.
Common Pool Fountain Styles
The choices are unlimited when it comes to pool fountain styles. Some of the most common include:
- Waterfall fountains mimic a real waterfall and are usually placed on the side of a swimming pool to splash water in the pool.
- Flashing LED fountains boost aesthetics and play a functional role in lighting a pool at night.
Choose Millennium Pools & Spas
At Millennium Pools & Spas, we work hard to provide the highest quality of service. Our professionally trained staff have years of experience performing all types of fountain repair to ensure you protect your investment.
Contact Millennium Pools & Spas in Virginia, DC, and Maryland
Contact Millennium Pools & Spas for fountain repair. Schedule your inspection or fountain repair today!
Request an Estimate
Our estimates are free, professional, and fair. Most estimates require a site visit. Response time will vary depending on the time of the year and the type of request.