Why You Should Have Your Pool Professionally Cleaned
If you’re like a lot of homeowners, you believe in doing things yourself. Mowing your lawn, fixing minor plumbing leaks, cleaning your gutters and generally maintaining your home are not only the stars of your weekend to-do list, they’re also tasks that give you great satisfaction. After all, it’s your home and taking care of it is your responsibility. When you put in a swimming pool, you might carry that attitude over, but we recommend against it. Why? Because there’s more to pool cleaning than meets the eye, and you’re better off letting a professional handle it.
- Maintaining the right balance can be tricky. Did you know that ten percent of public pool inspections result in the pool being closed because the chemical levels are out of whack? This illustrates how difficult it can be to maintain the right balance of chemicals in a pool. When you’re taking care of a swimming pool you have to pay attention to pH, alkalinity, dissolved solids, calcium hardness, and sanitizers like chlorine. If even one of these things is out of balance, you can have problems. For instance, a pool with low alkalinity risks corrosion, low pH can stain a pool’s liner, high pH can cause cloudy water and health hazards, low sanitizer can expose people to dangerous germs and algae, while high sanitizer can turn swimmers’ hair green! Professional pool cleaning is done by experts trained to keep your pool in the right balance, with no effort or thought on your part.
- Cleaning a pool takes time and energy. Isn’t your schedule busy enough already? Why add swimming pool cleaning to your list of chores? While you’ll need to do some daily tasks like running the pump, having a pool cleaning service means having someone who regularly tends to the needs of your pool. Keeping a consistent routine is important in maintaining a pool, and a professional will know which maintenance tasks are needed at specific times. You can schedule the service around your swimming habits so that you’re never interrupted while you’re using the pool. What’s more, you will be able to enjoy your pool without the hassle of keeping it clean.
- Professionals know how to work with the seasons. Pool cleaning involves more than sweeping out debris and balancing the chemicals. There are optimal times of year to open and close the pool, and specific procedures for these changes in pool usage. When you work with a local pool company, you can rest assured that your pool is in the hands of people who understand the local weather patterns and know how to keep your pool properly aligned with the seasons.
- Faulty equipment can be an expensive headache. A swimming pool involves many moving parts, and all of that equipment needs to be properly maintained. Things you might not notice, like a loose tile, can lead to accidents, and if a piece of equipment like your pool pump goes out, it can lead to costly problems. A professional pool cleaner knows how to spot the early signs of trouble to save you major issues down the road.
- Having your pool professionally cleaned can actually save you money. When you add up the cost of chemicals and consider the amount of time you’d need to dedicate to maintaining your pool, you may find that the monthly fee for pool service is not too far off from that. What’s more, having your pool professionally monitored means small problems are solved before they become big ones, which saves you money.
Having a beautiful, sparkling pool means you can enjoy it whenever you like, and when you need someone to care for your pool, Millennium Pools and Spas can help. With over 30 combined years of experience in the pool industry, we provide a comprehensive range of pool services for both residential and commercial customers in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. When you hire Millennium Pool Service, you get a well-qualified, industry-trained staff of pool contractors and technicians, services that are tailored to your needs, and a commitment to 100% customer satisfaction. Contact us for more information.