The Joys of Owning a Pool
When you own a pool, you have a great place to relax, entertain, and exercise. There are swimming pool upgrades, though, that can take your pool from average to amazing. What are the best features to add, to make your pool the perfect oasis? Millennium Pools and Spas has suggestions for some extraordinary features that will give your pool a massive boost in appeal.
10 Must-Have Pool Features
- Infinity Pool: You know the illusion of a spillover pool, that stunning effect where water seems to endlessly overflow, so that it looks like the pool has no edge? That is an infinity edge, and it makes the pool look luxurious and elegant. It’s especially impressive if you have a great view from your back yard. Bonus points if you look out over a body of water. You can even elevate the look of an infinity pool with LED lighting or by using glass or stone in the pool, or a vanishing edge pool design, for even more drama.
- Water feature: Sure, the pool is a water feature, but imagine a waterfall cascading into it. Not only do you get the gorgeous look that provides, but the sound is very soothing and adds to your pool’s ambiance. Waterfalls come in all shapes and sizes, so you are likely to find a style to suit you, whether that’s a dramatic waterfall tumbling into a grotto or a sheer wall of water on a wall by the pool. You can even create a multi-tiered waterfall, if you want it to be even more breathtaking. Of course, if waterfalls aren’t your thing, you can still have a water feature. Fountains in or around your pool can create a look that is sophisticated and modern or classically charming, depending on the style you choose.
- Spa: If you enjoy relaxation and hydrotherapy, a spa is an obvious choice. Whether built into the pool or installed as a separate feature, spas offer warm, soothing bubbles to relax your body and mind, easing your sore muscles and alleviating stress. With a built-in heating system, spas can be used year round, and for an even more therapeutic experience, consider adding massage jets.
- Impactful Lighting: You would not believe the array of LED lights available for pools. There are so many colors and types from which to choose, and often, the lights can be controlled via remote. Lighting can be used to improve the pool’s safety, and what it does for the aesthetic appeal is amazing. You can have lighting installed underwater to highlight features like water falls or fountains, situate it around the pool to draw attention to architectural or landscaping focal points, or add fiber optic lighting for a starry sky effect in the pool.
- Fire Feature: No matter where you use them, fire pits, fire bowls, and fire tables make a statement, adding warmth and elegance to your outdoor living space. Integrating fire features into your pool design or pool deck just elevates this concept, creating the perfect intimate, cozy atmosphere for swimming at night, with or without guests. You can create a seating area around your fire feature to make it a welcoming place to gather, use natural materials for a rustic look, or even combine a fire feature with a water feature for a breathtaking effect.
- Pool Cover: Ok, so adding swimming pool features isn’t all fun and effects. Pool covers are a true must-have, because they help maintain safety and cleanliness. Install a high quality pool cover, and you’ll keep leaves, debris, and insects from the pool, for lower maintenance. You’ll also reduce the amount of heat loss and evaporation, for savings in terms of water usage and energy. Pool covers come in a wide variety of styles, so you can find one that complements the pool’s design, and if you choose a solar pool cover, you’ll be able to heat the pool naturally. Install an automatic pool cover for an extremely convenient option.
- Water Jets: Why add water jets to your pool? They add excitement, creating a stream of water that helps you with swimming, exercise or relaxation. They can create a current to make swimming laps more challenging, or be used in conjunction with a water park-style feature like a water slide, for next level pool fun. They can create relaxing bubbles in your pool, and if you incorporate them into the pool’s steps, they offer a unique look.
- Pool Automation: Do you want complete control over your pool’s operation? Modern pool automation allows you to monitor and adjust the lighting, temperature, and water features of your pool from the convenience of your mobile device or computer. You can save time and money, control the PH, make your pool more energy efficient, and schedule pool maintenance, just with a few clicks.
- Tanning Ledge: Also called a sun shelf, this is a shallow area in the pool where you can hang out on a lounge chair, soaking up some sun. It’s the perfect combination of staying cool and enjoying the sun, and it can also be used as a play area for young children. If you’re not into tanning, add an umbrella or canopy for shade, and for extra convenience, incorporate a built-in cooler or mini fridge so you don’t even have to leave the pool to get a drink.
- Built-in Seating: You can build seating into your pool, or into your pool deck, but either way, it makes for a comfortable place to hang out and entertain. You can create a conversation area near the pool, build in a table for outdoor dining space, or create a sunken lounge that allows for cozier gatherings.
Millenium Pools and Spas: The Swimming Pool Upgrade Company
Whether the elements you add are fun, practical, or stunning, if you need to give your pool a lift and you are looking for a swimming pool renovation company, Millennium Pools and Spas can help. With over 30 combined years of experience in the pool industry, we provide a comprehensive range of pool services for both residential and commercial customers in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. When you hire Millennium Pool Service, you get a well-qualified, industry-trained staff of pool contractors and technicians, services that are tailored to your needs, and a commitment to 100% customer satisfaction. Contact us for more information.