Are you considering resurfacing your pool? The fall is an excellent time to do it. Whether you’re building a pool or having it resurfaced, doing the work in fall means your pool will be ready to use by the time the weather gets warm again. Here are some more great reasons that fall is the best time to resurface your pool.
- It’s easier to get the work done. When you schedule pool resurfacing in the fall, you’ll beat the rush that happens in the height of pool-building season. You’ll have an easier time finding a contractor and won’t have to wait as long to be put on the schedule because there won’t be a lot of other people vying for a spot.
- It’s easier on the contractors, too. In the spring and summer, pool resurfacing can be hot, exhausting work. In the fall, when temperatures are cooler, the contractors will be more comfortable. The work will get done more quickly, but the contractors will also have more time to complete it because they won’t be in their busiest season. When you resurface in the fall, you’re less likely to have a rush job done on your pool.
- It will even be easier on the surrounding area. In the spring and summer, people working on your pool can easily damage your landscaping by accident. What’s more, your pool furniture and other outdoor items can get in their way. In the fall, the plants tend to be dormant, and your pool deck is more likely to be clear.
- You may be able to save money if you schedule pool resurfacing in the fall. Once the pool season begins to wind down, contractors start looking at their end of the year numbers. You may be able to negotiate a better price if you schedule your pool resurfacing for the fall.
- You might even get a tax break. Although it’s not always allowed, sometimes home improvements can weigh favorably on your tax liability. Having your pool resurfaced improves your home and raises your property value, so it’s possible that the amount you spend may be tax deductible in certain circumstances. Talk to a tax professional to get the most up to date information.
- Your pool will be ready for pool season! Wouldn’t it be nice to greet the first warm day in spring with a beautiful, freshly resurfaced pool? You and your family can enjoy the benefits of the work that was done in the fall all summer long, as you entertain guests and swim in a pool that’s in good repair and looks great.
Having a well-maintained pool adds value to your house, and when you need someone to care for your pool, Millennium Pools & Spas can help. With over 30 combined years of experience in the pool industry, we provide a comprehensive range of services for both residential and commercial customers in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. When you hire Millennium Pools & Spas, you get a well-qualified, industry-trained staff, services that are tailored to your needs, and a commitment to 100% customer satisfaction. Contact us for more information.