Pool lighting doesn’t just make the pool safe for night swimming, it can also enhance the pool’s aesthetic and make it a more beautiful environment. You can use lighting to change your pool’s mood, highlight transitional parts of the pool like stairs and ramps, and add a touch of elegance to your back yard. In the past, pools were installed with incandescent lights, but in recent years, LED pool lights have been gaining in popularity. Why? LED pool lighting offers many benefits you may not even have considered.
- When it comes to pool lights, LED is an eco-friendly option. Incandescent lights can run from 300-500 wats, but LED lights can use as little as 42 watts. Not only do LED lights consumer less energy than traditional bulbs, but they also create almost no heat, in contrast to incandescent bulbs, which must heat up to produce light.
- If you want to save money on your pool, LED lights are the way to go. Data from the U.S. Department of Energy indicates that LED lighting used 75 percent less energy and lasts 25 percent longer than traditional lighting. Your energy bills will be much lower if you use LED lights in your pool, and by adding an energy efficient feature to your pool, you’ll also boost your home’s value.
- LED pool lights are durable and last a long time. Pool maintenance is a big responsibility when you own a pool. Even if you hire someone to help with this, it still makes sense to find ways to make the responsibility a little lighter. When you upgrade to LED pool lights, you’ll have to change the bulbs much less frequently and have far fewer pool light repairs.
- Your pool will be safer with LED lighting. Even though they use less energy, LED lights are just as bright as incandescent lights, if not brighter! And because they tend to look brighter and bluer, they allow for better illumination. Your pool will be a safer space because people will be able to see better both in and out of the water.
- LED lights in your pool can be fun! Sure, lighting can be practical. It can improve safety, save money, and reduce your energy usage, as we’ve discussed. But now let’s talk about how fun it is to be able to easily change the lighting in your pool to fit your mood! With LED lights you can customize the color scheme of your pool, often through a smartphone app, making it easy to change it whenever you want. Some apps even let you program a light show in your pool, which is a fun thing to do when you have a party or just nighttime guests.
The right lighting can make help the look and function of your pool, and when you need someone to care for your pool, Millennium Pools and Spas can help with that. With over 30 combined years of experience in the pool industry, we provide a comprehensive range of services for both residential and commercial customers in Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. When you hire Millennium Pools and Spas, you get a well-qualified, industry-trained staff, services that are tailored to your needs, and a commitment to 100% customer satisfaction. Contact us for more information.